The HALO SleepSack wearable blanket replaces loose blankets in the crib that can cover your baby's face and interfere with breathing. In addition to sleeping more safely, HALO SleepSack products help babies sleep better, too. It's a warm, cuddly blanket they can't kick off, ensuring your little one sleeps soundly throughout the night.
Since 2005, the
of Pediatrics has suggested the
use of wearable blankets. Today, HALO SleepSack products are used by over 1,250
hospitals to promote safe sleep, and by millions of parents nationwide to help
babies sleep safely from the start. American Academy
Halo has a ton of resources on it's website, for more information go to HALO
Here are their safe Sleep Tips.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all blankets, comforters and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
Halo has generously donated a wonderful prize for us to give away to our followers.
Get your entries in now for a chance to win this wonderful prize! of 5 Swaddle/Sleep Blankets!
We thought it would be fun to end the giveaway on the same day as my co-blogger's baby shower, so you have from now until May 2 at 11:59 PM to enter the contest for your chance to win this amazing prize!